Google Docs & Classroom Collaboration using Mobile Devices


In this video, I share my  successful experience of having students (adult and teenagers) enhance their lexical and communicative skills by collaborating in real time using the app Google Docs in their mobile phones. 

I show the evolution of their first drafts and attempts to their current usage and how that has impacted their written and oral production.


Just to contextualize my practice, I am a teacher of English as a foreign language (EFL) in São Paulo, Brazil.
Over the course of twenty years of classroom practice, I have given classes to all CEFR levels from A1 to C2, children, teenagers and adult learners.

I have been an EdTech blogger since 2011 and have very intensely researched apps to enhance both self study and classroom experience of students and teachers.
I am an enthusiast of using tech resources in my classroom practice, as long as they have a clear learning purpose.

Here's the video with my participation in the 30 Goals On Line Conference 

http://www.30goals.com/conference.html
where I explain how the idea came up and the step by step + purposes to using docs in my classroom practice.
I want to thank +Shelly Sanchez Terrell and +Jake Duncan for the opportunity and the support.
Google Docs is a free app available for both iOS and Android operational systems.



                                                         https://www.google.com/docs/about/


How about giving it a try? If you feel like, share your experience in the comments below.

                                                                                    @Rach_Gonzaga        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

QR Codes in Education ? An innovative way

Rescuing your purposes and resolutions

At the doctor: Explaining symptoms